Sunday 15 January 2017

Dream Big

I like to research about Autism
I feel scared and anxious
When I try something new
I was not good at it the first time I tried it
Because I could
Barely write a paragraph
Let alone spell
Or
Know how to ask for help
I had to make a choice
To give it my best shot
Because Autism is
My passion
After I am Autistic
I was eager
To understand myself
And how I operate 
Differently to Neuro-Typicals
I eventually made it
Because clearly
I can write paragraphs now
I can do everything through him who gives me strength -
Is what got me through 
The beginning stages
Of being taught how to research.

Even though I make mistakes
And can fall down
God is always with me
And he wants me to not give up
Giving up means throwing away
Opportunities, not listening to what
God has planned for my life.

When I'm afraid, I need to
Evaluate whether this is something
What God wants me try or whether
He is protecting me from doing harm
To myself
Listening to God can be hard at times
But it is the good thing to do
He will reward me
When I get to Heaven

There has been times when
It seemed impossible to follow through
With my dreams when I submit 
Presentations to present at conferences
Sometimes they get declined altogether
Other times they get accepted
And yes sometimes I get declined
To give a oral presentation
But I'm offered to do
A poster presentation instead
God still wants me to soar on
Because He believes in my abilities!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, although I don't follow poetry related posts but you wrote it in such a good way, couldn't take my interest out of it. Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a fan of poetry and that is some fines one. The words that you have woven and although it does not rhyme much but it is still love

    ReplyDelete